Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Reaching 18,000 yilus

On Apr. 22, 2016, I reach 18,000 yilus.  From 17,000 to 18,000 yilus, I have noticed the following:

  1. During push hands, I am starting to experience that opponent's power either stays in front of me or I can let go past me from either side by keep a dot in me not moving. It is as if they are touching the surface and not the centre.
  2. I am also able to explain things based on separation of yin and yang or rotation. It is like I can see that pattern in various ways.
  3. During push hands, I am focusing on the the setup. When I can get that setup, both the opponent and I will know that moment and the opponent suddenly collapses and falls straight down. That fall will need no power, just a poke. However, before that moment, a lot of effort is put into maintaining my structure and sneaking myself into the target position.

No comments:

Post a Comment